Home > visa > India Visa Application and Requirements From Nigeria - How To Apply
India Visa Application and Requirements From Nigeria - How To Apply
visa Nov 18, 2022
INDIA VISA APPLICATION FROM NIGERIA - HOW TO APPLY
India visa application from Nigeria takes many paper work, besides the online application. We will be discussing the visa requirements for India and how to apply as well.
India is known for her medical expertise. The India consulate in Nigeria receives more medical applications than any other type of visa category. In fact, medical tourism is a growing sector in India.
We will not only teach you how to apply for India Medical visa, we will also show you how to apply for other categories of visa to India.
We will start with the conference visa.
CONFERENCE VISAApplicants are requested to prepare the following documents before paying for their visa fees at the bank as visa fees are non-refundable.
DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS1. Letter of invitation by name of applicant from conference oranisers from the official email ID of organiser (along with a copy of inbox email print out showing that it was copied to HCI).
2. Complete profile of conference organizer, mobile and land line phone numbers of the conference secretary.
3. Necessary clearances from Government of India (Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of External Affairs and concerned nodal Ministry) for international events.
4. Brief summary of the paper proposed to be submitted/presented by applicant.
5. Copies of professional degree/qualification of applicant.
6. A letter in original from employer of applicant and a copy of Work ID.
7. Employment record with last 3 months’ pay slip
8. Personal and salary bank statement for last 3 months with bank’s covering letter
9. If MD/CEO of the company, attach company documents with reasons for participating in the conference.
10. Copy of provisional return air ticket and reservation of accommodation
11. Copy of data page of the international passport.
Your host needs to send an email to the embassy - OHCI, Lagos via firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The applicant must be copied in the email. You must print out the copy and bring it to the embassy on your interview date, in addition to the list of requirement mentioned above.
BUSINESS VISAFor a business visa application, it means you are visiting India for a business purpose and a contact has been established in India. Here is the list of requirements for India business visa:
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED1. Letter of invitation by name from Indian company from the official email ID of the company (complete address of Indian company, mobile and landline phone numbers, company’s email ID). Invitation letter: briefly mention the nature of business, and purpose of visit, duration of business relationship and so on.
Letter of invitation by name from Indian company from the official email ID of the company
(complete address of Indian company, mobile and landline phone numbers, company’s email
ID). Invitation letter. Also, briefly mention the nature of business, and purpose of visit, duration
of business relationship etc.)
2. Copies of PAN card of company and AADHAR card of the person who issued the invitation.
3. Copies of National ID and work ID of the applicant (original to be produced at the time of
4. Introduction letter from local (Nigerian) company, explaining nature of business and period of
5. Copy of certificate of incorporation (original to be produced at the time of interview)
6. Copy of Article of association (original to be produced at the time of interview)
7. Copy of latest tax returns (original to be produced at the time of interview)
8. TIN number of the company.
9. Copy of last business deals such as GST invoices of Indian company, bill of lading, air way bills
10. Company’s bank account statement with bank’s covering letter
11. Copy of provisional return air ticket and reservation of accommodation.
Your host in India needs to send an email to the embassy - OHCI, Lagos to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Applicants must be copied in the email. You must print out the copy and bring it to the embassy on your interview date, in addition to the list of requirement mentioned above.
TOURIST VISAAlthough India may not be a major tourist destination for tourists, there are some nice tourist attractions to visit in India as a tourist.
A letter is needed for tourist visa application to India as well. In this case, your tour guide or hotel manager can assist you with the invitation letter.
DOCUMENT REQUIRED FOR TOURIST VISA1. Introduction letter: letter from local employer, professional documents, business documents,
national ID and work ID.
2. Local profile of the applicant, as applicable. Also, applicant should state the purpose and places
to be visited in India.
3. Invitation from the Indian host, in this case, your hotel or tour operator, in case of tourist visit (along with a copy of inbox email print out showing that it was
copied to HCI); with contact details present and permanent address, phone number, email ID)
4. PAN/AADHAR/Election ID card of Indian host.
5. Detailed travel itinerary
6. Provision return air ticket and reservation of accommodation in India
7. Bank statement for last six months with bank’s covering letter.
8. Proof of permanent and present address (National ID, INEC card, rent agreement, electricity bill
9. Copy of bio-data page
INDIAN MEDICAL VISA
Lastly, we will be discussing the medical visa application.
DOCUMENT REQUIRED FOR INDIA MEDICAL VISA
- Dully filled application form
- Copy of passport bio data page
- Medical invitation in prescribed format from an India hospital with covering email from their official email address, alongside with a copy of inbox email printout showing that it was copied to HCI.
- Typed referral letter from a Nigerian doctor in original and on their letterhead. Contact details of the hospital should be visible on the letter.
- Local medical papers and laboratory reports or test results for the last 4 to 6 months. Copies should be attached with application form and applicants must present the original during the interview.
- Proof of permanent and current address of applicant is required. You can present your National ID or INEC card and so on.
- Applicant's local profile or introduction letter from their employer is mandatory. If applicant is self-employed, copy pf certificate of incorporation, article of association and latest tax returns must be submitted along with the application.
- If the application is due for a transplant in India, affidavits on relationship from patient and donor cross matching / compatibility test reports between the both of them must be duly confirmed by a Nigerian doctor and this report must be attached to the application.
- For Cancer patients going on a treatment, biopsy reports, original CT/MRI scan images from a recognized laboratory in Nigeria is required.
- Bank Statement: You are required to submit certified bank statement during your interview. If being sponsored then the sponsor must present their bank statement with a covering letter from the bank and an affidavit to support the medical visa application. In addition to these documents from the sponsor, they need to add their national card or copy of passport bio data page. They also need to include their email address in the letter.
- A treatment paper from Indian hospital is required, in case of a follow-up or checkup. A copy of discharge summary must be attached to the visa application while the original must be shown to the consular during interview.
- If you are being accompanied by an attendant, a copy of document showing the relationship with the patient is essential.
- Finally, a detailed travel itinerary, including hotel booking or stay arrangements should be provided.
For all visa applications to India, the HCI, Lagos should be copied. Their email addresses are firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Applicants must be copied in the email and print out the copy, to be presented to the embassy on interview date.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR INDIAN VISA
After you have gathered all this document, you need to transmit your visa application online to the embassy before scheduling your appointment with the embassy.
To do this, you must visit their official website and fill in your details correctly.